Act with confidence
Trusted, expert and practical advice and solutions
At Convergence Legal we offer outstanding legal advice, delivered in a personalised and practical way.
Convergence Legal is a boutique corporate and commercial law firm that takes a different and innovative approach to the practice of law.
Like you, we work smarter, strive to make the complex simple and work to be the best.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide advice on complex issues in a commercial and practical way.
We have worked in-house and at global firms, so we know how to deliver first class service and advice; in a way that is responsive and designed to help you achieve your objectives.
We are down-to-earth and straight-talking.
Our value proposition
We do not operate a leveraged model where the Partners make money by charging clients for the time of junior or inexperienced lawyers, whether or not they deliver any value.
Our clients can expect personalised service with a transparent, flexible and competitive fee structure. Our matters are always handled by an experienced lawyer who understands all the issues and also produces the work. This means that we can deliver legal services efficiently and cost effectively without any duplication of effort. Our preference is to work on an agreed fee basis linked to the value we can add to your business.
We will always communicate in plain English and we won’t ever send you long-winded letters full of legal jargon that avoid a straight answer.
Lee Mitchell, Director
Lee has a passion for creating positive outcomes for his clients in a no-nonsense way. His approach is always down to earth and focussed on efficient and cost effective service delivery. His clients look for practical, personalised and responsive legal services that allow them to do what they do best, while leaving the details to us.
Lee has over 22 years’ experience in corporate and commercial law gained with international, national and boutique law firms. His practice involves transactional work as well as corporate, commercial and governance advice for a variety of public and private businesses - including a number of clients in the digital media, technology, financial services and property sectors. He has particular expertise in relation to the legal and regulatory issues relevant to ASX-listed entities.
Creating valued relationships, solving problems and acting with integrity are the things that are most important to him professionally.
When he is not working or spending time with my family Lee can usually be found riding one of his bikes. He has a firm belief that one can never own too many bikes!
Lee holds a Masters of Law from the University of Melbourne.
Learn more on LinkedIn
Our team has significant experience assisting companies with all aspects of capital raising.
We advise clients on initial public offerings (IPOs), equity capital markets, and regulatory compliance.
We also advise on secondary issues and backdoor listings and recapitalisations.
We also take a proactive role in ensuring transactions are properly structured so as to minimise costly delays and other unpleasant last-minute surprises.
Our key services include:
- Reverse Takeovers/Backdoor listings
- Due diligence
- Prospectus and other disclosure documents
- Transaction documents
- Seed raisings
- Private placements
- Entitlement issues and share purchase plans
- Convertible notes and debentures
- Notices of Meeting
- Transaction documents
- Prospectus/disclosure document preparation
- Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules advice and compliance
- Company Secretarial Services
Mergers and Acquisitions
We advise targets and bidders, directors, shareholders and other participants. We have extensive expertise in mergers and acquisitions, including:
- Private treaty acquisitions and disposals of companies and businesses
- Regulated (public company) takeovers and schemes of arrangement
- Private equity and venture capital investments and exits,
- Restructures; and
- Legal due diligence investigations and reporting
We assist our clients to navigate the legal, strategic and commercial issues involved in each transaction. We remain focussed on providing relevant and practical advice.
We provide comprehensive support such as:
- Structuring acquisitions or disposals
- Document preparation
- Due diligence investigations
- Regulatory approvals and completion
Corporate and Commercial Services
We work closely with company board members and management teams on a range of issues including corporate governance, structuring and restructuring, compliance, reporting and regulatory requirements, and liaison with the ASX and ASIC.
We also assist clients on day to day contractual and commercial legal queries.
Support we provide includes:
- Contractual queries
- Joint ventures, strategic alliances and partnerships
- Shareholder, unit holder and partnership agreements
- Business structuring and financing, including start-up companies and early stage enterprises
- Corporate governance, ASX and Corporations Act compliance
- Corporate restructures
- Establishment of new businesses, including company incorporation and the establishment of trusts and other legal structures
- Company secretarial services